ADSM-L

Re: ADSM server hang

2015-10-04 17:32:30
Subject: Re: ADSM server hang
From: Richard Sims [SMTP:rbs AT BU DOT EDU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>        Dwight's response hits the nail on the head.  I have a real problem
>with this in my shop also.  Whenever TCP/IP is bounced, *SM loses the
>connection and will not restart.  I have entered several requests for the
>implementation of an IP restart capability in the product, all to no avail
>so far.

I understand your situation, Gary.  This "detached communication method"
problem in OS/390 is one of the reasons that customers gravitate toward
operating systems like AIX, where TCP/IP is part of the operating system,
which renders the server that much more reliable (and why NSM/3466 is an
AIX-based product).
    Richard Sims (once an MVS guy)