ADSM-L

Re: Tape libraries help

2000-03-27 13:37:11
Subject: Re: Tape libraries help
From: Dennis Knee <dknee AT NAZARENE DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 12:37:11 -0600
Andy Yeung wrote:

> Dear all,
>     I 'm new in ADSM. I 'm using ADSM Version 3.1 on
> windows NT. I can schedule backup using a HP tape
> library to backup, when
> one tape is full , it can change to another tape to
> continuous backup.
>     But I need to backup using tape 1 to 6 for monday to
> saturday, one tape for one day. I don't know how to set
> it , any idea for it,
> please help me.
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Andy

If you only have one tape drive (mount point) available you will probably have
to checkout the used tape and then checkin the tape for the next day. You will
probably need more than six tapes, as you would not go back and re-use tape 1
every Monday. If at all possible you need at least 2 mount points so you can do
tape reclaim operations, which is how you reclaim fragmented tapes.
--
Dennis Knee
Dennis Knee