ADSM-L

adding 2nd magstar

2015-10-04 17:32:30
Subject: adding 2nd magstar
From: Gerald Wichmann [mailto:gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM]=20
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU=20
We currently have two backup storage pools (disk pools). One backup =
storage
pool is for the UNIX clients while the other is for the Novell Clients. =
Each
is roughly 135GB in size and both are migrating to a tapepool which is a
Magstar 3570.

Next week we'll be adding a 2nd Magstar 3570. As far as I understand it, I
will have to create a 2nd tapepool which means ill then have to set the =
NEXT
storage pool (for migration) on one of the two backup storage pools to my
new tapepool. Is this ok? Say I move the Novell clients to migrate to the
new tapepool from here on out. What affect is that going to have on the =
fact
that there is already Novell client data on the first tapepool? I suspect
the answer is no effect.. but I want to be sure I'm not overlooking
something here or that there isn't a better way to utilize this second
magstar.

Thanks!

Gerald Wichmann
RS Engineer