ADSM-L

Deleted files are not marked as INACTIVE

2000-03-24 16:29:35
Subject: Deleted files are not marked as INACTIVE
From: "Ross, Rodney B" <rodney.ross AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 15:29:35 -0600
We have experienced problems with deleted files and
directories not being marked as INACTIVE.  What got our
attention was the numerous error messages we got on each
file that was no longer in the directory when the backup
was run.  Each error message stated "NO BACKUP COPY GROUP".
Which is baloney. The Copy Groups are fine.

We noticed that even though the directory, subdirectories
and files were deleted, NONE of them are marked in
the ADSM database as having been deleted or INACTIVE.
We saw this when we looked in the directory structure
in the RESTORE window of the client.

We're running ADSM Ver. 3 Rel. 1 Lvl. 2.42. on a Sun Solaris
2.6/7 E5500 server.  The client in question is Windows NT 4.0.

I hope somebody has seen this before and already has a solution.

R2