ADSM-L

Re: What's the big difference?

2000-03-24 14:46:25
Subject: Re: What's the big difference?
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 13:46:25 -0600
Things to check first would be the logs from these runs... due to the time
and bytes transferred both going down on the to tape runs I'd guess it just
sent less data.  A,B,C,Duh you say ;-) could be caused by "retries" of
files... Hey, if it sends a 10 MB file 10 times before it gets it unchanged,
that is still only 10 MB  backed up but 100 MB sent and the time required to
send 100 MB.

Were these run during the same time of the day or one after the other which
might have put the "totape" runs say after work hours ? ? ?

just a thought

Dwight