ADSM-L

ADSM and 3590 Extended Cartridge Question

2000-03-24 09:57:07
Subject: ADSM and 3590 Extended Cartridge Question
From: Jeff Renicker <renicker AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 09:57:07 -0500
Hi folks!

Back in February IBM announced their new 3590 Extended Tape Cartridge.
I was wondering if anyone was using them.  Are there any implications with
ADSM?  Do the 3590E tape drives need upgraded?

I ask this because  back when we did the 3590B to 3590E upgrade there
was lots of info about mixing both types of drives in a 3494 library, which
level
of ADSM was needed, etc.  I've searched both the Tivoli and IBM sites and
cannot find any mention of ADSM requirements for these new tapes.  Are
there
any ADSM requirements (e.g. new devclass)?  Does ADSM even care that
these cartridges are being used?

Any assistance will be heartily appreciated!  Thanx!

Jeff Renicker
jrenicker AT goodyear DOT com