ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Exchange return codes

2000-03-24 08:56:24
Subject: Re: TDP for Exchange return codes
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 08:56:24 -0500
Joel,

309 means the ADSM API operation was cancelled for some reason.
310 means some type of Exchange error was encountered.

As you stated, looking at the excdsm.log is really the
best way to find out for sure what caused the specific return code.
That should be your procedure when things go wrong.

Detailed logging is maintained on the machine running
the Exchange Application Client program.

The TSM Server log that you quoted records main events that
occurred during the backup or restore but is not meant
to repeat all of the detailed information/logging data that is
contained in the Exchange Application Client log.

That is how it works today.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler