ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:32:30
Initially when we set up our TSM 3.7 server we had caching on for our =
disk
storage pools. We also had compression on, on the client boxes. We =
found TSM
has this bug however (least I assume it's a bug), where occasionally a
backup will fail because it will think the storage pool is full. The =
client
is supposed to tell the server "hey I'm sending this file over and it's =
XXX
bytes in size". The server then clears up that much space in the =
storage
pool by removing cached files. However sometimes during compression the
files grow larger then was originally reported and thus when the file =
gets
xferred, TSM tells the client the pool is full and thus the backup =
fails.
Quite a limitation so we turned caching off and haven't had the problem
since.

Does anyone have any additional experiences with caching? Is it safe to =
have
caching on if we have compression off on all client nodes? It seems =
caching
on/compression on is a bad tandem.. something never readily mentioned =
in any
classes or redbooks I've taken/read. I'm curious as to what experiences
others have had..??

Gerald Wichmann
RS Engineer
Sansia System Solutions