ADSM-L

Recovering files from destroyed tape

2000-03-22 18:31:33
Subject: Recovering files from destroyed tape
From: Alan Cheski <Alan_Cheski AT GULF DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 16:31:33 -0700
We are running ADSM 3.1.2.0 on NT4 SP5. We have had a few tape problems and have
had to mark some tapes as destroyed. The tapes have files on them as seen with q
content. It appears that marking the tape as destroyed does not cause the files
to be backed up again (seems like a good feature to implement - mark a tape as
destroyed then server contacts client and asks client to resend the files). We
do not have storage pool copying set-up. So there is no copy of the bad tape.
Has anyone found a way to ge these files backed up again without doing it
selectively or running a full backup?

Al Cheski
Gulf Canada Resources