ADSM-L

Re: Autodelete of SQL backups

2000-03-22 11:41:16
Subject: Re: Autodelete of SQL backups
From: William R Zehnder <wzehnder AT JCPENNEY DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 10:41:16 -0600
Yes.  Set up a command file on the client server with the following -

sqldsmc /adsmautodelete:* /adsmoptf:xxx.opt /ifolder:21

If you use the default opt file you can leave that parm off and change the
ifolder parm to any number you feel
is appropriate.  In this case I'm deleting everything older than 21 days.  But,
they don't actually get
deleted, as I've learned, they just become inactive.  So you will want to
create a new mgmt class with versions
deleted set to 0.  Then put the following in the xxx.opt file -

Include * newmgmtclass

Then bounce the sql scheduler service.

Oh, you'll also need to create a command schedule to execute the command file
on the client.

--
Cordially,
Cordially,