ADSM-L

Re: Adsm 3.1.2.54 ... Expire inventory

2000-03-21 17:10:30
Subject: Re: Adsm 3.1.2.54 ... Expire inventory
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BTFINANCIALGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 09:10:30 +1100
Hi Frederic,

I did this upgrade a bit over 2 weeks ago on one of our ADSM servers, although
I went to 3.1.2.55 rather than 3.1.2.54. So far I am happy. No new problems
that I've seen and expiration now run error free for the first time in many
months. I can't say that I've seen any significant performance improvement in
expiration processing but at least I no longer see the deadlock errors. With
3.1.2.55 there is a new option to EXPIRE INVENTORY called SKIPDIRS=YES which
when specified will cause inventory expiration to not process directories. I
haven't turned that on because I don't have too much of a problem with
expiration performance.

Trevor