ADSM-L

Re: Fail to Schedule Daily Tape Checkin

2000-03-21 14:34:17
Subject: Re: Fail to Schedule Daily Tape Checkin
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 14:34:17 -0500
Correct, you do not need the admin id and password in an ADSM server script
(as opposed to an AIX shell script, for example.)

You create ADSM server scripts with the DEFINE SCRIPT command, which is
described in the ADMIN GUIDE.

Below is a script called CHECKNRS, which consists of 3 lines (two of which
are comments!)
Below that is the scheduled admin command called CHECKIN_DLT_SCRATCH that
fires off the CHECKNRS script.

adsm> q script CHECKNRS f=lines
Session established with server SSDADSM: AIX-RS/6000
  Server Version 3, Release 1, Level 2.42
  Server date/time: 03/21/2000 14:21:06  Last access: 03/21/2000 14:08:24

Name       Line   Command
           Number
---------- ------
CHECKNRS   1      /* Checkin to DLTLIB a range of scratch tapes */
CHECKNRS   1      /* Checkin to DLTLIB a range of scratch tapes */
           6      /* 2 parms are VVVVV1 and VVVVV2, start and finish volsers
to be checked in */
          16     checkin libv dltlib status=scratch search=yes
volrange=$1,$2

adsm> q schedule CHECKIN_DLT_SCRATCH type=admin f=d

                 Schedule Name: CHECKIN_DLT_SCRATCH
scratch
                       Command: run checknrs SSD000 SSD469
               Start Date/Time: 05/05/1997 12:00:00
                      Duration: 4 Hour(s)
                        Period: 1 Day(s)
                   Day of Week: Weekday
                    Expiration:
                       Active?: Yes
Last Update by (administrator): PRATHW1
         Last Update Date/Time: 01/19/2000 12:32:08
              Managing profile: