ADSM-L

3995 library hang

2000-03-20 13:55:55
Subject: 3995 library hang
From: Sandor Maklari <Sandor_Maklari AT USER DOT HU>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 19:55:55 +0100
Hi All!

We have two 3995 C60 optical libraries connected to an ADSM server. Often,
when the devices are processing a LABEL LIBVOLUME command, one of the them
hangs, while the other one works well. The failing device isn't always the
same. The device can be used only after restarting the ADSM server, and
switching the device off and on. The problem arises only at the LABEL
LIBVOLUME process. I would like to ask you, if anyone experienced the same
problem, or heard about it? What could be the reason?

Environment:

Two 3995 C60 library with two 5.2 GB drives: firmware 2.0.7 i.
AIX version: 4.3.3.0
ADSM server 3.1.2.50

Sorry for the poor English.

Thanks.