ADSM-L

AW: ADSM 3.1.2.20 Server Startup Error

2000-03-20 11:15:37
Subject: AW: ADSM 3.1.2.20 Server Startup Error
From: sal Salak Juraj <sal AT KEBA.CO DOT AT>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 17:15:37 +0100
Hi,

I require better speed on recovery actions
and better LOADDB - without automatical DB grow,

but I also feel it is fair to say that the
current *SM recovery possibilities are designed in
extremly secure and partially in flexible manner.

Colleague here shortly had to restore db of
a different database based backup
system - only because its DB became full
and there was no way to expand it on line (!),
and it was not a job one could really
perform without manufacturers support.
I saw at this time major advantage for *SM recovery,
which I already had to go through twice -
so I must be club member as well :)

regards
Juraj salak