ADSM-L

Multiple HTTPPORTS on HPUX Client

2000-03-20 09:50:03
Subject: Multiple HTTPPORTS on HPUX Client
From: Steve Fehl <fehl AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 09:50:03 -0500
I am having a challenge setting up web access to my HPUX clients.  In my
dsm.sys file I have three different stanzas for tsmserver1, tsmserver2, and
tsmserver3.  Each stanza points to the same AIX TSM server using different
IP addresses.  I am also trying to use different HTTPPORTs to provide my
users with access using different include/exclude files.

It sort of works.  I can use the HTTPPORT option in the first stanza and
pick a port number.  However, when I select a port for the other two
stanzas, I receive an error that the port is already in use and a port in
the 60000 range is selected for me.

I tried using ports 1581, 1582, and 1583 for stanzas 1-3.  My dba said that
I might have conflicts in that range and said that anything above 1600
would be fine.  I then tried to use 1881, 1882, and 1883.  1881 worked but
TSM said 1882 and 1883 were being used and again selected ports in the
60000 range.

What can I do to select specific HTTP Ports for each of my stanzas?