ADSM-L

Re: Help! AIX HSM problem

2000-03-17 11:04:34
Subject: Re: Help! AIX HSM problem
From: bbullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 09:04:34 -0700
        An FTP or an RCP from another box is different than creating a +4GB
file on a local box. When you FTP, it seems to look at the default users
settings in "/etc/security/limits" for the limits. So no user on the box can
FTP a file onto the box that is larger than what is listed there.

        We ran into this a while ago and had to raise the default users
limits to unlimited and then put in limits on all other users so that they
would not abuse the box. Kind of a kludge, but it worked.

Ben