ADSM-L

Re: Deleting volume

2000-03-16 13:47:21
Subject: Re: Deleting volume
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:47:21 -0800
I saw this problem as well.  It finally got solved and was obvious but
I'd be d*mn'd to remember the reason.

But check access=readwrite and not offsite, readonly nor unavailable.
Check that there isn't a pending/incomplete restore left on the system
(that may have referenced the tape.)  I also saw similar problem when
deleting multiple tapes at the same time when we moved from DLT to 3590.
Something like a expire inventory might have a lock on the tape block
refererend.

I'm wondering if partial file spanning another tape is another reason
this occurs???

           ... joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley