ADSM-L

Can u assign 2 tape libraries to 1 seq storage pool?

2000-03-15 01:15:22
Subject: Can u assign 2 tape libraries to 1 seq storage pool?
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 22:15:22 -0800
We are currently running TSM 3.7 on AIX.. We have 3 storage pools (disk)
migrating onto a single sequential storage pool (a magstar 3570). We are
adding a 2nd Magstar 3570.. It looks like we have to create a 2nd sequential
storage pool for the 2nd magstar and can?t assign both magstars to a single
storage pool. Is this true or am I missing someplace to do this?

If we have 2 sequential storage pools, we?ll have to decide what the ?next?
storage pool is for our 3 disk storage pools. I.e. assign 2 to the first,
and 1 to the second. Is there a way to assign 2 tape libraries to a single
storage pool? Thanks!

Gerald