ADSM-L

New Install AIX/TSM 3.7 Server Won't Start

2000-03-14 13:37:32
Subject: New Install AIX/TSM 3.7 Server Won't Start
From: "Joshua S. Bassi" <jbassi AT GLORYWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:37:32 -0800
All,

I have a newly installed RS6K 43P with 4.3.3 on it.
After I installed the TSM 3.7.0.0 base code I
attempted to start the server.  From the server
directory I ran dsmserv and it indicated:

"Unable to read disk definition file dsmserv.dsk"

After I took a look I found that not only was the
disk definition file not created, but there wasn't
a DB or Log file.  I used dsmfmt to format both a
DB and Log file and then I ran:

dsmserv format 1 log1.dsm 1 db1.dsm

The server tries to start but stops with:

"Trace/BPT trap(coredump)

I have tried several different things to get the
server up and running including installing the
3.7.2.0 maintenance, but with no luck.

--
Joshua S. Bassi
Joshua S. Bassi