ADSM-L

OPTICAL DISK UTILIZATION QUERY

2000-03-12 09:31:48
Subject: OPTICAL DISK UTILIZATION QUERY
From: Baiju Nair <baijus AT SA.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 17:31:48 +0300
Hi!

We have a customer with NT ADSM 3.1.2.13 which has
problems in using more than 40% of the 3995 optical
platters.  I found the following hit from the ADSM
SITES.

"Without ADSM 3.1.2.40  level of code  following
problems will be encountered.
IC23352 ADSM FOR NT CANNOT WRITE PAST THE 2GB MARK ON
AN OPTICAL."

Update :  As mentioned before, ADSM is only using 40%
of all optical platters. So customer has already got 6
platters with only 40% space being used.

     After upgrading ADSM to 3.1.2.50:-

a) Is there any configuration required in ADSM after
   upgrade to reclaim the lost space from  previously-
   written platters ?

b) Is there any space reclamation procedure required
   to get back  unused space of all optical disks
   without affecting the existing data.  If so, what
   needs to be done.

c) What precautionary measures are required to
   succesfully upgrade ADSM fixpack 3.1.2.40? Is there

   anything tricky?

d) Does the 3995 optical drive need to be rebooted
   after upgrade?

e) How can we move data from used optical platter to
   unused platters?
      Pls specify the ADSM commands with all flags.

Request :
          Pls provide us the step by step instructions
to complete  the subject task succesfully.

     Many thanks in advance for your support.

Regds
B.S.Nair