ADSM-L

To big node

2000-03-09 17:35:42
Subject: To big node
From: Jeff Justus <justusj AT SQUARED DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 17:35:42 -0500
I am running ADSM on one AIX server and have almost a hundred nodes.  The
database group is backing up there own data with SQL backtrack... the problem I
have is that one of our nodes is growing by over 2 gig per night and is now up
to around a Terabyte.  How do I verify that not only is SQL Backtrack deleting
the files but also that they are getting off the system.  We only keep them for
one week the SQL backtrack is supposed to delete them... I have my retention
after deletion set to 0 so theoretically we should only have 7 days worth of
database data... what am I doing wrong???

Jeff Justus