ADSM-L

Re: Strange Errors in NT EventLog with ADSM 3.1.2.42 for NT

2000-03-09 05:15:27
Subject: Re: Strange Errors in NT EventLog with ADSM 3.1.2.42 for NT
From: GERARD Jean Michel <jm.gerard AT COFINOGA DOT FR>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 11:15:27 +0100
Hi,

We got a similar problem and  it becomes worst and worst.
During reclamation, when a reading error occurs on a tape, the Reclaim
process frozen and cannot be stopped. We are obliged to stop the ADSM Server
Service on NT and to shut down the ATL252 library. Then we start the ATL,
manually put back the tapes, run the ATL inventory. We start again the NT
server and the ADSM Server Service and do an "Audit Library" on ADSM.

We have changed the DLT drives that looks to have troubles but we still have
the same problem.
Also with Audit volume Fix=yes , if an error is detected (not for all) the
process is stuck and the tape is un-dismountable from the drive until a
power shutdown is done.

We are using:
ADSM : 3.1.2.20
NT 4.0 Pack 4
SCSI Adaptec card : 2944 UltraWide
ATL 452 Library drive 7000

Any suggestion or help will be very apreciated
Best regards

COFINOGA
Jean-Michel Gerard
System Analyst