ADSM-L

Re: Deletion of EBU backups

2000-03-06 23:04:30
Subject: Re: Deletion of EBU backups
From: Eric Winters <ewinters AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 15:04:30 +1100
Eric T,

A "q occu nodename" fails to show anything. But then before I removed the
node I also had no output from "q filespace nodename" although "q auditocc
nodename" showed there was X GB of backup data. I understand that is normal
with EBU backups - the filesystems are invisible to ADSM.

When I run the "dsmc q backup" command as suggested I get
ANS1353E Session rejected: Unknown or incorrect ID entered

The node is truly removed.

I've run expiration and had hoped to see messages in the activity log
showing that expiration had occurred for this particular node, but there is
no mention.

So what has really happened? Is the data still there but not associated any
more with any node or has it vanished without a murmur?

Regards and thanks,

Eric Winters

Hi Eric,

You can run "q occu EBU_NODE_NAME" on ADSM server to check occupancy of the
node.
Or dsmc q baclup "/adsmorc/*" -sudir=yes -virtualn=EBU_NODE_NAME
-password=xxxx
on client to check if there is left behind. Thanks
on client to check if there is left behind. Thanks

Regards,
Eric Tang