ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:32:29
Lisa,

We replaced approximately 100 3570B tapes due to the same "bad media" report
from IBM.

Since then, the occasional media error (average one SET of events per 6 months
affected 3-6 tapes out of  ~ 350 volumes) has been due to worn drive head or
failed analog card.  I say "set" because when the error occurs, the drive
trashes a tape, ejects it (usually), grabs another blank tape and promptly
trashes that one, too.  We end up with several "errors" all caused by the same
one problem.

Tab

Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT MAIL.MODOT.STATE.MO DOT US> on 03/03/2000 09:59:47 AM