ADSM-L

Re: Can two ADSM servers share a 3494 library and be configured

2015-10-04 17:32:29
Subject: Re: Can two ADSM servers share a 3494 library and be configured
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Joshua,

In my environment a 3494 with 4 & 6 x 3590 for 2  (R40 aix 4.1.5 & sliver
node aix 4.3.2) ADSM server (v3.1.2.13).
A few months later, another aix ADSM server will be installed, share some
of the 3590 for testing.

A long time ago, I have a few hours to test 3590-B11 connecting to a R40 &
HP machine, while R40 is backup to the drive,
a HP reboot will cause interruption to the R40 backup. During the test,
both ports are physically online.
However the machines have gone & I cannot test it in details for
conclusion.

I understand that there needs ADSM & Unix script to deallocate 3590 from
server1 then allocate to server 2.
My question: Do you leave the two SCSI ports on 3590 physically online all
the time? If so, will there be any interruption if
server1 is running backup to drive but server2 have a system reboot?

thank you in advance

Regards,
Eric Tang