ADSM-L

Migrate TSM from 390 to AIX

2015-10-04 17:32:29
Subject: Migrate TSM from 390 to AIX
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi All

We are looking at moving an ADSM server from a IBM 390 to a RS6000 H70
running
AIX. I figure exporting then importing should work but we want to use the
same tape library from the 390 and move it to the AIX server.

How would I best export the data for this to work. If I use EXPORT SERVER
filedata=all  will this copy all the database records required to tape so
then I can move the tape library to the AIX server, install ADSM, import and
then ADSM should be able to access all the previous backups etc that was
done on the 390?
Could I just backup the ADSM database and restore on the new ADSM server?
How would the new ADSM server know about the tape from the old one?

Any info on best way of doing this would be very helpful
Thanks

Craig Murphy