ADSM-L

Server Option Questions

2000-03-02 14:57:09
Subject: Server Option Questions
From: Jeff Keen <JKeen AT CI.FLINT.MI DOT US>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 14:57:09 -0500
ADSM Server 3.1.2.40 on AIX
ADSM Clients are 3.1.0.8

During lunch today, I decided to browse the Administrator's Reference (make
sure it's a light meal) and happened to come across the Server Options section.
Since we had someone come in and setup our ADSM, I haven't done much changing
in some areas, and I started to compare what my settings are to what the book
has. Anyways, I have a few questions.

Here are some of the settings I was wondering about and if any are good
candidates to change to improve ADSM performance.

1)TCPBufsize = 16384 ( I assume the manual is wrong in saying that 32 is the
max, guessing we use bytes, not KB)

2)TCPNodelay = NO

3)TCPWindowsize = 0

4)MOVEBatchsize = 32

5)MOVESizethresh = 1

6)TXNGroupmax = 16   (I don't have the related TXNBytelimit set on any clients)

Thanks in advance,
Jeff