ADSM-L

Re: failed backup

2000-03-02 13:43:45
Subject: Re: failed backup
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 13:43:45 -0500
I believe you can solve your problem by removing (renaming) all instances of
dsmstat.

Larry Clark
NYS Thruway Authority

>>> JBodendorf AT INTERNAL.MASSMUTUAL DOT COM 03/02/00 11:35AM >>>
I have a question from a client who uses ADSM to backup an AIX node but gets
a failed backup message. The error message is : ANS4010E Error processing
'/': stale NFS handle

The stale NFS handle is a remotely mounted CD-ROM drive thats been unmounted
in the remote node, and he would like to ignore this problem (actually, he
doesn't think this should be a problem that would fail the backup). He tried
excluding the local directory from the backup but that doesn't help.

Since I'm in the process of taking over the controls from Dave Sanders here
at MassMutual, (early retiree) I'm pretty much a rookie and in the learning
process. Does anyone know how to prevent the failed backup? Or should I be
taking this up with Tivoli?