ADSM-L

Storage Pool Question

2015-10-04 17:32:29
Subject: Storage Pool Question
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I have a multi-part question regarding storage pools.

We do monthly archives on our servers that eventually wind up being stored
on
tapes in our library. Is there a way to identify only those tapes in the
storage pool that contain information prior to a certain date?

If the answer is yes, an example would be appreciated. Also, how would I
moved
these tapes out of the storage pool so that I could add new scratch tapes to
my
library? I would also need to be able to readd these tapes back into the
storage pool if a retrieval was required.

Thanks for your suggestions, ideas, tips, etc. in advance.

Bill