ADSM-L

RE: Export MVS - Import NT Can it be done?

2015-10-04 17:32:29
Subject: RE: Export MVS - Import NT Can it be done?
From: Trevor.Foley AT BTFinancialgroup DOT com
To: payne AT berbee DOT com
Hi Kyle,

I'm not certain about your first question of exporting from MVS and
importing into NT. I've only done it between like operating systems.

But, depending on the amount of data involved, maybe you can export to a
device class of type FILE. Then just copy the file to the target system.

There is a discussion about using virtual volumes to do export and import in
the 'ADSM Server-to-Server Implementation and Operation' redbook. You may
want to have a look at that.

regards,

Trevor