ADSM-L

Reading of files generated by *sm and redirected to a text file

2000-03-01 12:52:16
Subject: Reading of files generated by *sm and redirected to a text file
From: "Moneymaker, Bob" <RMoneymaker AT CAISO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 09:52:16 -0800
*sm'ers.
I'm having difficulty reading the garbage that is in the text file I
generated in *sm (on a UNIX server) and redirected to an output file (also
on a UNIX server). The command I used was:

q n * f=d > [ABSOLUTE PATH AND FILE NAME]

When I view the file, using vi, view, more, cat, or whatever, it does not
have the same format as if I generated the output and read it from the
screen in an ADSM session.
Any hints, tips, or tricks would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

Bob Moneymaker
Sr. UNIX Administrator  voice:  1.916.351.4414
SMSC Operations         fax:    1.916.351.4487
at the California ISO           pager:  1.800.759.8888 PIN: 1466532
                                rmoneymaker AT caiso DOT com
IBM Global Services