ADSM-L

Re: HSM disaster!

2015-10-04 17:33:44
Subject: Re: HSM disaster!
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
On 29-Feb-00 Kelly Lipp wrote:
> Of course this was backed up, right?  Why not restore it?

  Of course it was backed up, data only can migrated after it is backed up
  (safety first.....)

> I've not done this, but I thought that you treated HSM and backup
different:
> always backup before HSM just for situations like this.  Then restore from
> backup and restart HSM.

  As I mentioned before, HSM can't be restarted, not even in an empty
  filesystem.
  Restore isn't the problem, but can you explain me how I can restore >300GB
in
  a 140GB filesystem?

> If this isn't true, someone help me out!  Not that I'd ever do HSM in the
> first place, but so I'll sound like I know what I'm talking about!

  Well, you better start reading some HSM-manuals..... (just kidding
Kelly....)

  Cheers,
  Henk.