ADSM-L

Re: Q EVENT question

2000-02-28 13:48:29
Subject: Re: Q EVENT question
From: Eduardo Martinez <emartine AT MX1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 12:48:29 -0600
As you are using asterisks in your script, the Unix shell expands the
meaning of the asterisk to all the files in the local directory, which is a
wrong way to call your ADSM command.
You have to enclose the asterisks between single quotes to escape their
special meaning to the shell:

dsmadmc -id=myid -pass=mypass q event '* *' > /tmp/event.lst

Voila!, you get what you want.

Saludos/Regards.

IBM de México
José Eduardo Martínez Cordero.