ADSM-L

Disaster Recovery

2000-02-28 02:14:34
Subject: Disaster Recovery
From: Kurt Beyers <kurt.beyers AT DOLMEN DOT BE>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 08:14:34 +0100
Hello everybody,

I'm planning to do a weekly export of all active files to a tape and keep this
one offsite in a safe. So in case of a disaster, I should be able to restore
all the computers back to the state at the beginning of the week. Is this a
good strategy? (I haven't met any disasters yet and I'm not looking forward to
it either).

Beside the offsite tape, what other information is required to recover the
computer park? I guess that the filesystems of the servers you want to restore
should match the filesystems before the disaster. Further on, you need of
course the *sm server and client software. Am I overseeing other important
information?

Any suggestions are more than welcome!!

Yours sincerly,

Kurt Beyers