ADSM-L

Re: Deleting MS Exchange Backup.

2000-02-25 19:31:14
Subject: Re: Deleting MS Exchange Backup.
From: "France, Don (Pace)" <don.france-eds AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 18:31:14 -0600
We use /adsmdelete:* /ifolder:42, it works great, better than the old Perl
script;  would like to know...has anyone tried the /adsmdelete:* -- but with
characters other than the * (in order to delete the incrementals and
differentials between "full" backups, since we want different retention for
full backups -6 weeks- vs. the others -2 weeks)
As in...
        excdsmc /adsmdelete:is,*.diff /ifolder:14
        excdsmc /adsmdelete:is,*.full /ifolder:42

It does NOT work on my level...

C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\ADSM\Agentexc>excdsmc /adsmdelete:dir,*.diff /ifolder:20

ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
ADSMConnect Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server
Command Line Interface - Version 1, Release 1, Level 0.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1998. All rights reserved.

***FIXTEST - Version 1.1.0.0B

ACN112E -- Invalid command line parameter: /adsmdelete:dir,*.diff

Don France

Technical Architect, P.A.C.E.
San Jose, CA
mailto:donf888 AT att DOT net