ADSM-L

Re: tsm restore of wnt server strangness with ifnewer

2000-02-24 08:59:49
Subject: Re: tsm restore of wnt server strangness with ifnewer
From: Nick Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 08:59:49 -0500
I believe the ifnewer switch is processed locally, not on the TSM Server.
Depending on what you are trying to accomplish, you may want to look at the
-fromdate switch, which processes at the server.  However, it won't restore
anything backed up before that date.  I've used this to restore data after
anything backed up before that date.  I've used this to restore data after
a sysback image is restored, and it worked quickly, only sending data from
the server that I actually needed to restore.

Nick Cassimatis
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

"I'm one cookie away from happy." - Snoopy (Charles Schulz)