ADSM-L

Re: Multiple copies of files when there shouldn't be

2000-02-24 00:29:02
Subject: Re: Multiple copies of files when there shouldn't be
From: S W Branch <SWBRANC AT PPCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 23:29:02 -0600
Jeff

Could it be that the only change is that Novell compressed or decompressed the
files in question? If so, there is a setting in the dsm.opt file to control
whether the file is backed up again during an incremental if that is the only
change to the file. Back in the ADSM V2 days this control didn't exist and we
saw the symptoms that you have described.

Steve Branch
Phillips Petroleum
e-mail: swbranc AT ppco DOT com

Jeff Keen <JKeen AT CI.FLINT.MI DOT US> on 02/23/2000 01:21:56 PM

Any replies will be addressed to: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"
      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>