ADSM-L

Re: Multiple copies of files when there shouldn't be

2000-02-23 19:17:09
Subject: Re: Multiple copies of files when there shouldn't be
From: Angelo DeAngelis <Angelo_DeAngelis AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 19:17:09 -0500
Expire inventory ?  option set to?  does it run ?

Jeff Keen <JKeen AT CI.FLINT.MI DOT US> on 02/23/2000 02:21:56 PM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:    (bcc: Angelo DeAngelis/Tivoli Systems)

AIX ADSM Server 3.1.2.40
Novell ADSM Client 3.1.0.7
Novell 4.11

I have 2 Novell servers that their backups have become quite long. They used to
run for only a couple of hours for the nightly incremental. Now they are running
in the morning when I come to work. I noticed while browsing the Web "Gooey" to
do a restore, that I have files with multiple copies that have the same modify
dates. These are the EXACT same files, size and timestamp. Why am I getting
these with the incremental. My COPY MODE= MODIFIED. Is this a known bug that
upgrading will solve? TIA for the help.

Jeff