ADSM-L

ADSM processing cycle & questions

2000-02-23 08:39:03
Subject: ADSM processing cycle & questions
From: Virginia Hysock <vhysock AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 08:39:03 -0500
John,

     We too are running ADSM 3.1.2.20 on OS/390, using STK 3490 cartridges in
4410 silos.  We have 325+ clients (HP-UX, AIX, NT, Novell, Windows) and a 25 GB
database.  Our admin and backup schedules look as follows.  As for why your tape
reclamation runs so long - I can't say, unless you are fighting for cpu or tape
drives in the timeframe which you are running.  Reclamation of our tape pools
(about 5) is allowed to run all day, and they usually all complete by the
afternoon.

     00:00     Start backup of clients to disk pool
     02:00     Start tape reclamation
     05:00 Database backup (incremental except Sunday and Saturday full)
     06:50 Start migration disk to tape
     08:00     Copy tape pools to vault tape
     15:30     Stop tape reclamation
     16:50     Stop migration
     17:00     Start backup of clients direct to tape pool
     22:00     Expire inventory  (usually finished by 01:00)

                         Ginny