ADSM-L

DRM with 2 3466

2000-02-22 16:02:44
Subject: DRM with 2 3466
From: "Pugliese, Edward" <s11018 AT SLK DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 16:02:44 -0500
I have 2 3466-C00 (each with ADIC DLT library).  One is in NY and one is in
NJ.  My goal is to have each unit be the backup for the other in case of a
failure.  I have purchased DRM (to generate the DRM scripts) and
Server-to-Server Communications (to allow the DB backup and DRM plans to be
sent to a remote server).  I have been told that I will have to have 2 ADSM
servers running on each machine. And obviously double the amount of disk
space for all the storage pools.   One is the current active server and the
second will periodically be updated with DB backup from the remote server.
If a server goes down, I change the hosts file to have the IP address point
to the new server (avoids updating the DSM.SYS file for each client).

Has anyone had experience with this type of configuration and offer any tips
or gotcha's.

Thanks.