ADSM-L

Re: Problems with Sun Client

2000-02-22 11:23:56
Subject: Re: Problems with Sun Client
From: VoAn Nguyen <vanguyen AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 11:23:56 -0500
Hi Bob,

This seems to be matching APAR IC23243:

===============

 PROBLEM SUMMARY:
 * USERS AFFECTED: All ADSM client users using automounter
 * PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:  If a file system gets mounted by the
 * automounter after dsmc is started the client will enter it
 * and back up its files under the parent file system to the
 * ADSM server.
 * RECOMMENDATION: Apply csd when available

 PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
 Inside the routine that checks for whether a new file system
 is entered (by checking the device id) there was a bug for
 automounted file systems.

This is fixed in the 3.1.0.7 client code. I would suggest you to try
the latest code available from the ftp site:

   ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/adsm/fixes/v3r1/sol25/

Hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Vo An Nguyen
vanguyen AT ca.ibm DOT com

Bob Booth <booth AT CHIANTI.CSO.UIUC DOT EDU> on 02/22/2000 10:14:56

Please respond to r-booth AT uiuc DOT edu