ADSM-L

Re: Question - How can Icount files and MB currently under ADSM/T SM?

2000-02-22 08:12:00
Subject: Re: Question - How can Icount files and MB currently under ADSM/T SM?
From: Gary Ison <Gary.Ison AT MAIL.STATE.KY DOT US>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 08:12:00 -0500
Hi Russell,

        Thanks for the reply.  I suspect my results because of the low
values returned.  With about 183 clients on two different servers, I would
have expected more than 34 meg for the number of files and certainly more
than a few Gig of space with close to 4,000 tape cartridges used.

        I have forced an audit on my smaller server to verify the results of
my query and the auditocc table; they match so I suppose that the results
are as reliable as I'm going to get.  Maybe I have an inherent distrust of
any databases I didn't design and don't understand how data is calculated
and stored.  Thanks again for the reply.

        Gary L. Ison
        101 Cold Harbor Drive
        Frankfort, Ky.   40601
        Phone:  (502) 564-8724
            Fax:  (502) 564-6856
Gary.Ison AT mail.state.ky DOT us <mailto:Gary.Ison AT mail.state.ky DOT us>