ADSM-L

Re: larger ADSM clients

2000-02-18 18:12:09
Subject: Re: larger ADSM clients
From: "CANNAM, CYNTHIA L (SBCSI)" <CC5657 AT MOMAIL.SBC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 17:12:09 -0600
Thanks to all who've responded. I do believe that the problem lies with the
manner in which the FDDI is configured in conjunction with the Ethernet LAN
--- I've been hearing some scare stories about the translation factor
between FDDI and Ethernet, so I'm beginning to think the problem isn't
between FDDI and Ethernet, so I'm beginning to think the problem isn't
necessarily from the NIC to the 1st router or switch, but maybe from that
1st router or switch out to the LAN (however many hops that may entail) and
then on to the ADSM/TSM server. It's just a matter of getting the network
folks to understand that backup isn't just a local thing to tape any more...

Cindy Cannam

Cynthia L. (Cindy) Cannam, MBA
Midrange Planning/TSM Technical Support
Systems Manager/SBC Services, Inc.
(314)340-0722 office
(314)879-1696 pager
(314)340-0992 fax
Nearly Native Floridian Freezing in the Midwest