ADSM-L

Re: Collocation

2000-02-16 11:25:52
Subject: Re: Collocation
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 11:25:52 -0500
Eric,

you are missing a big concept.  The server will never fail to select a
volume in a collocated pool even if there are no empty volumes, if there
are still volumes in filling status.
It will automatically start to double-up nodes by selecting the lest full
volume.  This is true for a existing node which has just
filled the volume it was initially assigned to and it is true for a new
node.

I have 1450+ nodes writting to 400 9840 tapes and have never had a volume
selection problem.  The server os 3.1.2.50 on os/390.

--