ADSM-L

Re: Collocation

2000-02-16 10:08:17
Subject: Re: Collocation
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 16:08:17 +0100
Hi Paul!
You are right when you say that one should want to have his data spread over
a minimum amount of tapes. However, I see a lot of clients that are using
just one tape and only for a few percent.
Because I'm using a rather "small" library (3575-L32) I cannot afford to
give all new (small) clients their own private tape. I only have 320 tapes
in the library, so I'm limited to 320 clients (max.) when I'm using the
collocated concept for all clients.
Anyway, thanks for your answer! Guess I have to buy more disk so I can
create a non-collocated diskpool.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon