ADSM-L

Re Capacity planning for TSM/ADSM

2015-10-04 17:33:43
Subject: Re Capacity planning for TSM/ADSM
From: Marc Layne [mailto:mlayne AT FARITEC.CO DOT ZA]
To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
Hi All

I need to do a capacity planning exercise for an existing ADSM server. =
The
server currently has clients backuing up to it and I need to ascertain =
if i
will need to add more storage capacity and if network bandwidth is an =
issue.
If i add more clients what extra capacity what extra capacity is needed
etc... The server is at level 3.1.2.20 it is running on AIX 4.2.1 and =
the
backups are going directly to a Magstar 3575 L24 tape library.
Has anyone done this sort of capacity exercise??
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Marc Anthony Layne

RS/6000 Product Manager
Faritec (Pty) Ltd.
Mail to: mlayne AT faritec.co DOT za
Tel: +27 21 7629702     Mobile: +27 82 4169086
Fax: +27 21 7629737
"You only live once..  but if you do it right once is enough...."