ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:33:43

Hi All,

My company would now soon migrate from one ADSM server to
another.  Same platform--AIX, but we will be needing to
migrate all our filedata from a one device class (StorageTek
9730) to another (IBM 9434 library with 3590-E1A drives).
Considering the above, what would be the best and the most
efficient way to migrate our ADSM setup, without interrupting
the service it provides to some 50 backup clients.  The only
thing that comes to my mind is the use of EXPORT/IMPORT using
virtual volumes, but I'm now having doubts if this would
really provide uninterruptible service.  Please do note
that we need to move 250+ volumes (35GB each) from our tape
backup storage pool.  It is highly probable that our backup
clients would be backing up new files while the import process
to the new ADSM server is going on.  Would this pose a problem?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.  Advance thanks and
best regards...  Sonny

      Mit freundlichen Grüßen

      Roger Hohmann

      WestLB
      Division: 009 Services
      Abteilung: 001-80622
      Herzogstraße 15
      D - 40217 Düsseldorf
      Tel.: +49211 826 8155
      mailto:roger_hohmann AT westlb DOT de

--0__=8PLBrhvjSGamIIqTX3hLqv1FiT8xDb9ymcKF5Doe7wsFEwiatHRKRW1r--