ADSM-L

repairing vcr data-- excessive (IMO) and constantly throwing drives offline

2000-02-14 15:46:36
Subject: repairing vcr data-- excessive (IMO) and constantly throwing drives offline
From: Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT MAIL.MODOT.STATE.MO DOT US>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 14:46:36 -0600
Hey and Howdy all you gurus!

In searching thru the list, Richard Sims notes that this is due to old microcode
in 3575 drives.  Well, could this be a similar problem for the 3570 drives in a
3570 ATL?  The microcode was updated in Sept/Nov of last year, but this problem
has just now reared its ugly head.  The curious thing is, that I have 9 other
identical (except for the people ;-) sites that aren't having this problem.

Any thoughts, ideas, solutions?

Or, should I just call IBM and have them give the ol' library the scope up the
wazoo??

Lisa