ADSM-L

Copy pool volumes checkout

2000-02-11 14:07:13
Subject: Copy pool volumes checkout
From: Gerardo Zapata <gzapata AT AVANTEL DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 11:07:13 -0800
I'm perfroming a backup of a primary storage pool on an AIX ADSM server
v3.1.2.40 with a 3494 library attached (using 3590 drives). I have the storage
backup scheduled dialy and I want to take the backup tapes offsite every day.
If I checkout the tapes that have a 'Full' stauts (q vol) i have no problems,
but if I checkout tapes with a 'Filling' status the server prompts for these
volumes to be checked in. Is there any problem if i keep the volumes offsite or
do i need to check them in until they got filled?

Thanks in advance
Regards

Gerardo Zapata Gonzalez
Tivoli Professiona Services/TSM