ADSM-L

Merging DB Vols

2015-10-04 17:33:43
Subject: Merging DB Vols
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello,

I've been browsing the archives of the ADSM group, and haven't found a
confirmation, hoping someone knows if I'm going down the correct path.

Basically I have three DB vols spread onto seperate disks.  I just got a
new ADSM AIX server and have transitioned the old stuff to the new
without a problem.

Now, the new server has nice big internal drives.  I'd like to combine
the three volumes of DB I had before into one bigger volume

My theory is that I create my new big db vol, then mirror my db to it.
Then break the mirror.  My worry is, do I have to make seperate mirrors
for each volume, or can I make a single mirror of three volumes.

The other theory is to backup the DB and restore it.

Please let me know if anyone has accomplished this and how.

-Dash